The Dermapen is the latest technology in the field of micro-needling. The treatment with the Dermapen is an effective and safe way to renew the skin in depth without damaging the epidermis.
How does the Dermapen work?
The Dermapen uses tiny needles that vibrate tiny channels in the surface of the skin. These channels are not visible to the naked eye, but “injure” the skin in a controlled manner and therefore just enough to activate it in a natural way. The stimulation makes use of the skin’s natural repair process, which starts deep in the skin. Due to the stimulation in the connective tissue, growth and healing factors are released, which ensure the production of collagen and elastin (connective tissue).
Treatment with the Dermapen has three effects:
- Firming of the skin and reduction of relief : The connective tissue cells (fibroblasts) are stimulated to produce new connective tissue fibres. Because the connective tissue is stimulated deep in the skin, the skin becomes firmer and smoother after just a few treatments. Acne scars and wrinkles gradually diminish.
- Renewal of the skin cells and purification : The cell division gets a huge boost. Old dead skin cells flake off more quickly in the weeks after the treatment and new young skin cells are created earlier. The horny layer becomes nice and thin again, so that blockages (comedones) have less chance.
- Even skin tone : Excess pigment, which is present in the stratum corneum, flakes and fades, making sun damage, age spots and other superficial pigmentation spots less visible.
What does the Dermapen help with?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- acne scars
- Scars of a different nature
- Coarse skin structure / coarse pores
- sun damage
- stretch/ stretch marks
How many treatments do you need?
The Dermapen is moved over the skin in a rotating movement during the treatment. This can be experienced as a ‘sharp’ feeling, but is well tolerated. The treatment depth varies from 0.3-3 mm and depends on your indication. With deeper/medical treatments, point bleeding can occur, in this case this is a good reaction of the skin and will disappear by itself. After the treatment, depending on the intensity of the treatment, the skin can be pink/red in color for 3 to 4 days and slight flaking may occur. During the healing process, the redness and flaking will decrease. If desired, the skin therapist can camouflage your skin with Lycogel immediately after the treatment, so that you can immediately resume your daily activities. Finally, it is important that you protect your skin with sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher for up to two weeks after the treatment, so that you prevent the risk of hyperpigmentations.
During and after the treatment
The production of connective tissue is a gradual process that takes place below the skin’s surface and takes time to achieve the desired results. The treatments are preferably offered in a course of treatment, 5 to 6 treatments with an interval of 4-6 weeks. The following applies to this treatment: the more treatments you undergo, the stronger the effect. The treatment plan will be discussed in detail with you during the intake interview.
If you have additional insurance, the treatment of acne scars with the Dermapen can be reimbursed by your health insurance. The amount depends on your policy conditions. In order to be eligible for reimbursement, you sometimes need a referral from your general practitioner or specialist. If it concerns a cosmetic treatment, you can view the prices here .
1187 KL Amstelveen
1051 KN Amsterdam